At Story Book Cabins, travel is as important to us as it is to our guests. We want to do our part to help ensure that your travel plans can continue without interruption in the safest way possible. We understand that you have questions concerning Story Book Cabins and how your reservation will be handled moving forward, so we encourage you to call our office with any questions you may have.
We continue to actively monitor local, state, and national mandates as well as CDC guidelines as they relate to Story Book Cabins, Ruidoso, and New Mexico. We will adjust upcoming reservations and safety processes as needed. Our standard cancellation policies remain in effect, and guests choosing to cancel 14-days prior to arrival have the option of a 1 time reservation-date change at no cost or standard cancellation fee of $50 plus tax. Should direction from state and local authorities directly impact your reservation (i.e. order to shutdown operations), you will be contacted immediately and issued a full-refund or have the option of moving your reservation. Should you choose to cancel with no travel restrictions currently in place, standard cancellation policies will apply (See Terms and Conditions or your signed Guest Agreement).
In order to limit exposure, we are not doing in office check-ins. We are available by phone for any of your needs or concerns. After your reservation is confirmed, we will contact you with your check-in procedures.
HOUSEKEEPING PRIOR TO YOUR STAY
We have provided training for our employees ensuring proper hand hygiene and awareness of COVID-19. This is vital to help combat the spread of viruses and the health of our employees and guests.
For our guests:
- Continuing with rigorous cleaning and disinfecting before and after each stay
- Using EPA-approved disinfectants, paying special attention to high-touch surfaces such as light switches, remote controls, doorknobs, handles, faucets, etc.
- We are leaving a minimum of 24 hours in between reservations to allow plenty of time for cleaning and ventilation
- Continuing to wash and dry all towels and linens on high temperatures
For our employees:
- Cleaning and disinfecting high-touch surfaces and common areas and asking team members to do the same
- Limiting close-contact interaction within our office, laundry facilities, and maintenance areas
- Asking anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms to stay home
- Switching to remote (from home) work for as many employees as possible, starting 3/22
MAINTENANCE REQUESTS DURING YOUR STAY
In order to maintain the safety of our guests and our team, we will be following the procedures below for any work-orders that must be completed at the cabin during a guest stay.
- Small replacement items such as light-bulbs, batteries, etc., will be delivered and left at the front door/front porch of your cabin in order to maintain social distancing guidelines.
- Non-emergency requests will be completed between stays (when no guests are renting the cabin).
- For emergency requests (power and water outages, sewage backups, safety issues, heating/cooling issues, etc), guests will be asked to temporarily vacate the cabin while the work-order is being completed. No Story Book Cabins employee will be allowed in the cabin while guests are present.
- Specialty services (HVAC, pest control, hot tub repairs, roof leaks, sewage, etc.) are dependent on individual vendors and their policies and schedules at the time of need.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
We are prepared to alter our daily procedures, should the need arise, and will continue to monitor the situation and keep you up-to-date with any changes. As we move forward, the most effective way to stay healthy and minimize the spread of infectious disease is to follow basic best health practices. That includes the CDC’s recommendations to wash hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds, use disinfectant cleaners on all high-touch surfaces, and avoid touching your face or others. We believe that this, along with our rigorous cleaning procedures, will help ensure a safe space for you in the mountains of Southern New Mexico.